OLP Daddario XTB Series Bass Jam daniB5000

Hey, guys! So I finally got my hands on a new set of strings for my OLP! (yeah! I've won the lottery xD) The NYXL set served me incredibly well for the last 6 years but I wanted to give the XTB series from D'addario a shot (these are also my first-ever coated strings). So I recorded these short little demos soon after I put them on to see how they feel but they are VERY different. These are fantastic strings and I do love their super clean and crisp tone but feel-wise they react differently and they are not as flexible or comfortable as the NYXLs were. They are much more tense and I do have to pluck much more aggressively to get that rough tone I used to get with very minimal effort (I also have to slap/pop with more effort). And they are nowhere near as bright as the NYXLs were... which kind of bummed me out because my favorite thing about getting a new set of strings is getting that really, really nasty bright tone. I'm going to play around with my bridge a little bit to try to make them more comfortable to play on. But with all the "negativity" aside these are excellent strings and they have a great round tone. I'll try to record more of these jams once I have tinkered with my bridge a bit. For this session, though I am tuned in D to ease some of the string tension and I am using my favorite clean preset #13 from my VOX Stomplab. Thanks for watching and I hope you guys enjoyed this short demo! BASS ON! Gear: Bass - Ernie Ball OLP Stingray FX - VOX Stomplab SL1B Strings - D'Addario XTB45100 Coated Long Scale Bass Tuning - D Tuning (D, G, C, F)



Comments